WEST ROCK -
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
NYC & Northeast
Contact: Greg Hartley, email@example.com or 404-434-1445
We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative for our RTS Packaging, LLC division to cover our Northeastern Territory which includes Northern NJ, Metro New York City, CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, and Maine. RTS Packaging produces partitions, pads, and die cuts for major customers domestically. These products are used by many companies for protection and stability of their products during shipping and storage.
The Outside Sales Representative will work from home. Our preferred candidate will live within Northern NJ, Metro New York City, or southern CT since most of the business is located within that geographical area. We will relocate for the right person.
The primary focus of the Sales Representative position is to manage and grow sales in the assigned territory. This includes growing business at existing accounts, as well as prospecting for new business, and providing sales support to National and/or House Accounts. We have tremendous opportunity for growth in this region.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Develops and implements strategies to establish and maintain account relationships and meet sales targets. Develops business plans for accounts.
• Develops strong client relationships over time that provides significant input to planning product, price and service strategies.
• Solicits new business opportunities within sales territory.
• Interacts with other WestRock divisions.
• Provides analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation for the territory.
• Employ account and market knowledge to recommend custom value propositions for each account.
What you need for success:
• Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
• Manufacturing sales experience is strongly preferred.
• Good computer skills (MS Office and SalesForce)
• Able to travel overnight as required.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills.
• Enthusiasm and desire to learn selling skills needed to obtain results.
• Ability to develop existing client accounts and identify new opportunities to increase sales revenues within the territory
• Strong concentration on identifying new business opportunities within the territory and calling on the prospective clients
• Ability to develop relationships with key customer personnel at all levels of the buying process
• Openness to extensive travel if necessary to maximize territory sales growth
• Must achieve goals in total sales, sales territory growth, and new business gained
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of the territory through a structured and consistent territory management process
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Commitment to continuous sales skill development
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.