Skip to main content
Print This Page
Scroll To Top
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Share This Page
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Linkedin
Share this page on Twitter
Switch To Threaded View
Return to Forum
Resume: Samantha Musumeci
6/3/2019 2:46 PM
www.linkedin.com/in/samanthamusumeci (718) 702-7074 (C)
Associate Merchandiser May 2018 - Present Assistant Merchandiser April 2016 - May 2018
● Participates in building merchandise strategies and seasonal line plans to create commercially viable and profitable assortments that meet internal margin goals.
● Participates in the editing of the line at all stages of the process (line boards, proto samples, sales samples) to create a collection that aligns with the brand strategy and customer expectations.
● Manage and maintain all sample lines for the brand
● Create effective working relationships with design, sourcing, other merchandising teams and our production partners to ensure one message is relayed throughout the brand
● Established a new initiative to make model detail process more efficient by creating a spreadsheet for all to work in. In doing this not only did we become more efficient but we received laptops for all to use on a daily basis.
Saks OFF 5th
Merchandising Coordinator March 2015 - April 2016
● Managed order entry process ensuring all orders are entered accurately and timely.
● Built and maintained vendor relations by communicating business updates and weekly selling.
● Managed entry of monthly markdowns and price changes in PCW.
● Pulled key reporting for buying team including buyer recaps, weekly style selling and market prep.
● Updated and maintained checkbooks with accurate information for each order.
● Analyzed best and worst sellers for outerwear and present possible markdowns to be taken.
● Created order sheets for buyer with potential styles costs and unit breakouts.
● Used analytical and critical thinking skills for evaluating problems and making decisions.
Merchandising Assistant July 2014 – March 2015
Merchandising Intern June 2013 – July 2014
● Assisted in the selection of merchandise to be bought for future assortments.
● Analyzed Excel based reports for weekly business meetings.
● Presented best and worst sellers on a weekly basis to the CEO and VP’s of the company.
● Created purchase orders for new styles in PLM and Red Horse.
● Created and maintained current and previous line sheets and line plans with accurate information using Excel.
● Sent market vendors style information regarding sales, purchase orders and fit comments.
● Spearheaded new processes to execute a seamless transition of information through all channels of business.
● Teamed up with marketing to manage samples for monthly photo shoots.
● Coordinated and organized season boards.
JVN Restoration, Staten Island, NY December 2011- January 2013
Administrative File Clerk
● Developed spreadsheets in Excel regarding the different asbestos and construction jobs with which JVN is involved.
● Reviewed and revised JVN’s accounts receivable and accounts payable according to each job.
● Organized job folders and employee records accordingly to establish an innovative working environment.
French Connection, Soho, New York March 2011- June 2011
● Worked with diverse customers including tourists who had specific expectations in New York service.
● Identified the customer’s needs and directed them to the appropriate product.
● Worked with associates to achieve store’s sales plan.
● Strived and achieved individual sales plan.
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, New York
Major: Fashion Merchandising Management
Specialization: Buying and Planning, and Product Development
Bachelors of Science Degree, 3.4 May 2014
Associates in Applied Science Degree May 2012
● Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
● Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
● Certified in JDA Enterprise Planning
● PLM and PDM
● JDA Allocation and Advance Store Replenishment
● Buyers Work Mate, and Red Horse
Return to Forum