Skip to main content
Print This Page
Scroll To Top
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Share This Page
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Linkedin
Share this page on Twitter
Switch To Threaded View
Return to Forum
Fusion Packaging: Sales Executive - NY
6/6/2019 2:54 PM
Position Title: Sales Executive – NY
Reports To: VP of Sales – East Coast
Prepared By: Sara Brunson
Prepared Date: April 2019
Approved By: BC
Approved Date: April 2019
Reviewed By: DH
Reviewed Date: April 2019
FLSA Category: Salaried, Exempt
Summary The Sales Executive is a vital contributor within the Sales Organization. The highly motivated Sales Executive will service existing east coast clients as well as target and prospect new business opportunities. This role will educate and influence the market on our product lines to build strong long-term relationships. The Sales Executive will collaborate with customers to deliver stock and custom packaging as well as Turnkey beauty solutions.
This multi-faceted role is best suited for an individual who has the ability to capitalize on relevant opportunities and has a vision-oriented perspective. They will thrive on making in roads and delivering polished presentations necessary to win. They will be able to cultivate key relationships and utilize problem-solving skills to drive customer loyalty. At Fusion, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced strategic environment, where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify, secure and nurture business in the direct sale of airless and atmospheric dispensing systems, tubes, jars and color cosmetics packaging as well as turnkey beauty solutions to beauty markets using consultative selling skills.
• Be a trusted solution expert: share technical and industry knowledge to clarify customer requirements and our ability to meet those requirements • Utilize skill and agility to build new and existing accounts across multiple functions including Purchasing, Packaging Development and Marketing • Solicit new accounts through past relationships, leads or cold calling; Focus on attainment of annual sales goals through the Fusion business review process, new account development and account retention; Attend and cultivate new prospects through 2 to 3 annual trade shows • Produce and present sales proposals to customers demonstrating our ability to offer creative solutions-based programs • Interface and coordinate with Fusion’s in-house design and development team to provide customers with creative and innovative beauty solutions
• Work closely with customers throughout a project’s life cycle; Troubleshoot and respond appropriately to customer issues
• Responsible for the appropriate and timely completion of customer correspondence and sample and quote requests • Responsible for the appropriate and timely completion of all field reports such as meeting recaps, weekly reports, expense reports as well as various administrative tasks as requested
• Utilize Salesforce to maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities, including sales calls, meeting appointments, closes sales, and follow up activity
• Participate in sales training and development programs to enhance sales competencies • Lead or participate in other assigned projects
Version 4, April 11, 2019
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• 5-7 years successful sales experience with a beauty packaging company or similar company supplying to beauty brands.
• Verifiable track record of meeting/exceeding sales goals; Strategic sales planning skills
• Will also consider strong sales background in a cross-market industry selling to the personal care market
• Ability to work unencumbered by a previous noncompete agreement
• Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
• Some geographical regional travel required; up to 35 to 40%
• This position is based out of Fusion Packaging’s NYC office.
Expectations for Success
• Ability to use assertive tact to instill sense of urgency in dealing with fulfilling sales orders
• On-the-ground troubleshooting skills and the ability to articulate clearly the next steps to ensure all parties are aligned and a clear path forward is set
• Hunger to win, learn and grow in a competitive, fast-changing industry; Thrives in leading customers through complex products
• Results driven through your business savvy, discipline and organization, competitive nature and drive to succeed and your enthusiasm for the beauty industry
• Ability to maneuver through competing priorities and quickly adapt to and leverage changes is essential
Competencies for Success
• Communication: Effective and concise communication to inform and influence; Skilled presentation delivery to well-informed industry leaders; negotiation; Persuasion, diplomacy and tact with the ability to work closely with internal project team members and external customers
• Customer Focus: Discover and meet underlying needs of clients; Acts as a trusted advisor; Employs consultative attitude to best achieve sales objectives
• Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifies specific information needed to clarify a problem or to make a decision; Checks multiple sources to verify accuracy of information; Probe skillfully to get at the facts if others are reluctant to provide full information; Seeks the perspective on the stakeholders impacted
• Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or required by the situation; Seeks out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives; Takes independent action to change the direction of events
• Thoroughness and Clarity of Details: Sets up/follows procedures to ensure high quality of work is delivered; Acute attention to details with the ability to drive new business opportunities to completion; Communicates key information to multiple parties to ensure project understanding internally and externally.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting.
The employee is frequently required to be in a stationary position and regularly use the computer keyboard and mouse and will view the computer monitor frequently. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Return to Forum